Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Some updates from the guys.

Some updates from the guys.

Tom Steinbacher:



"This racing stuff in Europe is just insane. I'm not sure why I'm doing it. Yes its fun sometimes and very challenging but painful and crazy."

"I chased on after the second climb. I bombed down hill with my eyes half closed, praying, and possibly peeing my shorts. I had a guy behind me when I turned into the corner and all I heared was a loud crash. A few seconds later I looked back and there was nobody left. So far not sure what happened to the two guys behind me. Hope they are ok and healthy."

"Why do I do this?" 


"4th stage I ended up 7th way to steep at the end . Today stage was a RR 3 laps then 16k to finish I had an amazing race totally not my terrain the first lap we hit the climb in the forest . I was sitting top 20 half way then the attacks came we had the under 23 s in our race , the group exploded . I was in a group of about 30 that got shelled but im in 2nd GC and im not giving up. The leader had 10 guys in race . I chased and gave these guys the elbow no one would help me so I put in the gutter in the cross wind and shelled them. I caught the group at the base of climb 2nd lap got dropped again then chased back on again last lap I managed to hang on climb. Soon as we hit the windy section I started attacking 3rd attack I went clear solo . I was so jacked from chasing I had nothing to loose I stayed away about 20k the last 6k climbed up a 12% pass .I had 1.30 on what was left of group and was seeing triple . I got caught 2k from finish and ended up 5th what a day then froze coming down Mountain and had to ride 40k back to hotel. Still in 2nd got to try take some time back tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment